More (dis)connected than ever
It’s so easy to get caught up scrolling through our feeds. Yet...
Even if you live a healthy life, face-to-face catchups are key to staying well and happy.
Tips to connect in real life
- Start small - catch up with a friend over a coffee or walk.
- Be kind to yourself. Connecting face-to-face can be daunting - it’s okay to feel nervous or anxious about social events and socialising in person. You’re not alone, in fact over half of young Victorians share these feelings too.
- Take a swap challenge - try swapping just 30 minutes of screen time with 30 minutes face-to-face once per week.
- Be brave, take that first step - like anything in life, social connection requires work and sometimes the courage to jump out of our comfort zone.
- Explore your interests - find activities, events and places where you can freely express yourselves and connect with other likeminded people.
What people are saying
There was an error while loading the stories.